Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Stone Cold Annoying - Updated

 I will cheer if Judge Amy Berman Jackson tells Roger Stone to put a sock in it Thursday.  I say, throw the whole sock drawer at him. Roger Stone is blocked on my email now. But it took me too long to find out how to do that.
 Meanwhile, we had a hate-hate relationship for weeks. Robert Mueller has probably chuckled over the email in which I asked Stone if it was going to be necessary to come down and break his knee caps to get him to stop sending me his droolings.
 Sometime between my retirement and the time when Donald John Trump's mouth landed him in the presidential race, Stone got my email address. And he was peskier than the emailer who wants me to check out beautiful Asian women who want to meet me.
 It started when Stone hired a flack. A flack hiring a flack, or the life of Roger Stone. Anyhow the secondary flack signed his emails, so I started up a regular conversation with him. "Unsubscribe me," I would say. "Why?"" he would say. "Because, for one thing, I can't do your boss any good, and if I could I would do him harm instead." Well, that went back and forth for awhile. Finally, I said, "You are driving me crazy. Why do you keep this up?" And the flack's flack replied, "Because it is driving you crazy."
 Then I guess Stone finished the book he was making up and resumed flacking for himself, and that was about the time I threatened his knees.
 By then, I was crazy enough that I was telling people about my pen pal, and that is when someone told me he could be blocked.
 Then, wham! the pudgy guy announced that he is willing to save us, and the fake media began playing attention to Roger Stone, and he was coming through my morning paper and radio, which I can't  block.
 Eventually, he was taken seriously enough to get indicted.  Stone, in typical fashion, wrote an Instagram calling the criminal charges against him a "show trial," and implying the judge was a tool of Hilary Clinton. Then, after it was noted, he "withdrew" it and said he meant no offense. Which is why he will be before the judge on Thursday.
 Judge Amy Berman Jackson, my entire sock drawer is at your disposal.

UPDATE: Judge Jackson made my day.  Full gag! He shall not blabber on TV. He shall not blabber on radio. He shall not blabber in print media. The lives by his mouth. He will die by the sock she put in it.  Amen. (But she should have revoked his bail, too; I wasn't thinking of that.)

 

6 comments:

  1. Well, I have had some pesky stuff on my email, most of which gets routed to the spam filter. I kept getting stuff from Claire McCaskill asking for donations when she was running for re-election. I finally managed to get those blocked. I didn't have anything against her. But she was running in Missouri, and I live in Nebraska. And, sorry, my donation dollars don't go to politicians. If I like them and am eligible to vote for them, they get my vote. But that's about it on a fixed income.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your roll up your socks rather than fold them, you can throw them a lot better.

    If you asked to be unsubscribed and he refused, pretty sure that's illegal. Glad you are able to block him, you could still report him to the police or the FBI or the FTC or whoever would do something about it. I know it's a fuss, but some people are worth making a fuss over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And on the subject of sketchy e mails, this morning we got a notice to "claim your $250 Walmart gift card that you ordered". It caused a moment of panic because we hadn't ordered a Walmart gift card. I checked the credit card balances, and the bank accounts, fearing that we had been hacked. But everything was in order. So we had to assume that it was a scam attempt, and didn't respond in any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine- you probably were wise to ignore it. Check this out - not precisely what you described, but seemingly of the same species.

      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/walmart-gift-card/

      Delete
    2. You must have honest folks on the prairie phones, Katherine. I couldn't begin to list the scams that come in daily on both my email and my phone. There is one phone call I get as often as twice a day about the free medical bracelet I ordered (not!). And there is the one from a guy who sounds like he is in Mumbai telling me he is calling me from "the computer center," which has detected a problem with my PC. He asks me to follow his instructions to fix it, which I do, sounding frightened, until I finally have to tell him my PC is a Mac. We have played that game several times. And when I get live ones I can talk to, I love to interrupt to say there is a zombie at my front door, and will he please call 911 send send help.

      But this is part of my life. Never fewer than four scam phone calls in a day, and up to 20 spam emails. Every bank in the country has regular problems with my accounts (my only account is in a credit union) and needs me to contact the address they sent and change my password. Some of those banks have email addresses of people in Ireland or Germany. Doesn't anyone else live under such bombing?

      Delete
    3. Tom, no honest phone calls here. I don't even pick up the land line anymore unless I recognize the caller. Sometimes even then it's a hijacked number. At least twice a day we get this number with a V preceding it trying to get us to buy Sirius for the car. Email isn't quite as bad. I do occasionally buy stuff from Walmart online which is why this one made me look twice.

      Delete