Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Walton Reporter

That is one of the local papers in these parts. Snippets are read to me by one of its biggest fans (he is obsessed with their center spread on news from 100 years ago). The local regiment is shipping off to Europe (will keep you posted).

More interesting to me: A letter to the editor vehemently protests Trumplewretch's "address" to the boy scouts, recalling a similar speech by Adolph Hitler to the young men of Germany. Appalling! Dangerous! Those were my thought this morning reading the NYTimes story.  Hitler popped to mind but I said to myself, "that's just you." But out here in greenland, we have a letter to the editor and it was published!

Can this be the straw that brings down Trump? Talking as he did to a population of potential jerks and bullies ought to raise the hackles of every parent and Eagle Scout in America! 
 


10 comments:

  1. I'm not worried as much by what HE said as I am by the way the BS ACTED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till you have some fourteen year old quote him at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today at the WH press briefing, Sanders read a letter from a nine year old boy to Trump about how much he liked him and how he was his favorite president and could he be his friend (oh, and how much money did he have). And so it begins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we have the Boy Scouts incident, and the open disrespecting of Sessions and Trump pretty much saying he wants him gone. Then we have Trump's announcement that there would be no transgender people in the miltary. No discussion with military people, who said they weren't consulted. No clue if the ones already in the military will be discharged. I can't imagine this won't be challenged in the courts. And also doubling down on immmigration enforcement in ways that are borderline illegal. People see echoes of Hitler, or Mussolini. But I'm seeing echoes of George III. I'm beginning to think he's nuttier than a fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He kind of reminds me of Kim Jong-un, also a fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nero. A total ruler who thinks his real calling is show biz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since we're going Roman, I'd add Caligula and Commodus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess what bothered me most from the clips I saw was how Trump seemed utterly clueless about BSA values, from threatening Tom Price to that rambling millionaire in a yacht story. It made me feel desperately sorry for Trump's sons to see how he talks to groups of young men.

    ReplyDelete