JD Vance, Catholic Convert and Author of "Communion: Finding My Way Back to Faith," on James Talarico
“He won’t shut up about having traditional Christian values makes you a bigot, and I got to say, a guy that age who is so obsessed and focused on transgender children — I don’t know about you, but I never want to see that guy’s web browser history.”
I read JD Vance's first book, Hillbilly Elegy. Thought it was sort of interesting. And there was an article in Atlantic Magazine from a decade or so ago saying why he could never support Trump. I didn't read it back then, they republished lately. He's done a 180 since then. The guy has told a bunch of lies additionally. I don't know why I would believe anything he said now. He doesn't seem to have an ethical center, conversion story notwithstanding.
I just ordered a paperback copy of Pope Leo's encyclical, Magnifica Humanitas. Hopefully I will actually read it.
I read JD Vance's first book, Hillbilly Elegy. Thought it was sort of interesting. And there was an article in Atlantic Magazine from a decade or so ago saying why he could never support Trump. I didn't read it back then, they republished lately. He's done a 180 since then. The guy has told a bunch of lies additionally. I don't know why I would believe anything he said now. He doesn't seem to have an ethical center, conversion story notwithstanding.
ReplyDeleteI just ordered a paperback copy of Pope Leo's encyclical, Magnifica Humanitas. Hopefully I will actually read it.